Just a little tribute to my wonderful kids. With each child we have the same picture with Steve and I holding our new baby. (I say the "same" picture, but if you look at my ROUND face holding Linden, you'll realize, yes I gained 60 pounds with her!!!)
You just can't describe the feeling you have right when you're holding your new baby, it's amazing!!! And a feeling I won't get to feel again, so I will love and cherish these moments I had....
OCTOBER 16, 1993
LINDEN ANN NEWTON
(both her Grandma's have the same middle name)
8 lbs 6 oz
8:32 am
(labor 8 hours)
I started feeling "uncomfortable" and told Steve. He finally said, "you're feeling uncomfortable every 2 minutes!!" We were told when the contractions were 5 minutes apart to call the hospital, so I was reluctant to call (bigger dork?) Steve finally called and they said to get right in to the hospital!!
Born in Salt Lake City....
FEBRUARY 16, 1999
CAMRYN NICHOLE NEWTON
(mom has the same middle name)7 lbs. 6 oz.
2:16 pm
(labor 6 hours)
Camryn is my painful labor!! The epidural wore off, so I felt the whole thing. Not fun! But she was so worth it! Our best baby out of all of them. She was so good we thought something was wrong!
Born in Idaho Falls, ID
AUGUST 9, 2000
BRANDON STEVEN NEWTON
(middle name same as dad!)
8 lb.s
2:39 amBorn in Idaho Falls, ID
(4 hour labor)
Our Brandon tried to come at 32 weeks! I was on bed rest for a month and then at 36 weeks they let me stop taking the medication. I had him the next day at 36 weeks. He was a whopping 8 lbs!! That boy was ready to join the world!!FEBRUARY 3, 2003
BRADEN LLOYD NEWTON
(middle name same as Grandpa's middle name and Great Grandpa's first)7 lbs. 12 oz
9:47 am
(labor 2 hours)
I went into the hospital at 7 in the morning. They started the pit, put in the epidural and then told me to push. I was so shocked how quickly it happened. Steve worked at the hosptial and I had told him to go up and do some work while I waited for the pit to start working. I called instead to say tell him to hurry up and get down to the room to have the baby!!
(another memory of mine is how much I hated wearing the hospital gown because it was green and white, (Olympus colors) it just didn't feel right!! Give me my blue and gold forever in the sun!
Born in Idaho Falls, ID
Braden - 5 years old
JUNE 8, 2007
RYAN HOPE NEWTON
(named after the Angel of Hope)7 lbs 7 oz.
4:56 pm
Born in Salt Lake City
(6 hour labor - thought it would be faster with the track record I had!!)
My last baby!! I tried to just enjoy it (as much as you can enjoy that!) I remember sitting there with my epidural eating a popcycle and them telling me it was time to have my baby. Steve started making fun of me at how easy the whole thing was!!
I was nervous with my Ryan to see what her hand was going to look like. What a relief when she was born. I saw it and just knew that everything would be alright. She's our angel!!
Ryan - 8 months old There's a song that describes what I've wanted to be my whole life. A few people will recognize it...... "When I grow up, I want to be a mother, and have a family, one little two little three little blessing from above, and I will love them all day long, and give them cookies and milk and yellow balloons, and cuddle them when things go wrong, and read them stories and sing them pretty tunes" Funny thing that song says nothing about poopy diapers, sleepless nights, temper tantrums!! Just the parts we love!! We put up with the bad to get all the good, right?
6 comments:
What a wonderful post for your wonderful five kids! I sure love them! Wow you are one amazing mom! I love you and love your pictures . . . and I am all teary! So is Elsie so bye now!
I loved this post. What fun to have all the same picture of your babies. So sweet. The boys are so handsome and the girls are beautiful. You are a great MOM!
That is so cute. It must have taken you some time to scan all of those. That is dedication baby! I love that pic of Ryan. I just want to squeeze her!!!
Kristen you are such a great mom!! It has been forever since we have seen you and everyone looks so big. What a cute family you have.
Your family is so cute, I loved reading a little about each child. I can tell you are a wonderful mother. We had a tape with that "I want to be a mother" song on it when I was growing up, reading the lyrics brought back a ton of memories.
PS: I saw you at Target on Saturday, but you were pretty far away and were talking to someone else, so I didn't yell, "HEY KRISTEN!". So, Hi!
Such an amazing mom! How did the tryout go? It was great to see you.
Post a Comment