Monday, October 15, 2007

LINDEN IS 14!!!


So hard to believe that 14 years ago today I was giving birth to my baby girl Linden!!

Let me start with the day before....

I was 5 days overdue at this point and SOOOO ready to have this baby! So I went out and mowed 9 lawns with Steve. (much to his dismay! How emberassing to have a pregnant wife out mowing) Anyways, that night I went to bed early. Steve came into bed around midnight and I said to him that I was sorry if I keep him up because I was a little uncomfortable. After a while he said to me, "Do you realize you're "uncomfortable" every 2 minutes?". Here's my all time dorky moment, I didn't think I was in labor because the doctor told us to call the hospital when contractions were 5 minutes apart. Mine were 2 minutes apart, so I didn't call. New Mom or Kristen move? You be the judge!!

We finally went into the hospital and I was dialated to a 6 or 7. They gave me an epidural right when I got there!! Little miss Linden didn't want to come out very easily, they had to use forceps and would literally pull me off the bed getting her out and then push me back up, and then pull again.

But at 8:32 a.m. a beautiful baby girl was born!! 8 lbs 6 oz. with the most wonderful cry (that we later learned would continue for a whole year!!!) But that first time we heard it, I will never forget.....



Here she is at 1 year old....


What a cute girl!!


Linden Ann Newton, I love you so much. You have brought so much joy to my life. I don't know who I would be without you. You are a smart girl, you are funny, you are artistic and creative, you are honest and loving, you are a wonderful daughter and a great sister, you are a beautiful daughter of god, and I hope I can continue to help you throughout your life to know what you are worth. You are amazing!!!

6 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe you have a 14 yr. old. She is beautiful!

WIKKY said...

Hooray for Linden!!! I was all teary eyed because it is weird to think that my girls will be old enough to pay tribute to them like that! You are a great mom, Kristen.. If it hadn't been for me not wanting to mow that day, you might not have had her that night.
hee hee

Abi said...

What a great post. (where did my scary abi pic go?) i had to skim the end so I wouldn't get all emotional! You are a terrific mom!

Christine said...

What a fun post. Thanks for sharing and Happy birthday Linden

Suzie said...

You can tell you love your kids so much. That was really a good post. Happy B-day Linden.
Kristen be looking in the mail we have something scary coming to you for halloween!!!!

Leisa said...

I can't beleive you have a 14 year old! You don't act much older than 14 yourself!! I got a link for your blog from Cammie's blog. She is the one to get me hooked! I wanted to give you mine too. It's toughgirltraining.blogspot.com named Tough Girl. If your bored you can check it out. I can't wait until we get together...sorry about Thursday. See ya around.